Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Apply Now
Level Ex® is an award-winning game studio creating industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR games for doctors. The company uses video game technology and cognitive neuroscience to capture the challenges of medical practice – engaging large audiences of practicing physicians around medical apps that feature ultra-realistic virtual patients. Through using state-of-the-art visual effects and game design methodologies, we’re revolutionizing the way physicians keep up-to-speed about disease presentations, challenging cases, the latest surgical techniques, and new medical devices and drug therapies to stay sharp in their specialty.
In less than three years, Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
Level Ex has announced $15M in venture funding to date in seed and series A financing rounds.
We’re looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be ready to roll up their sleeves to build upon the company’s current financial practices, improve financial processes, contribute to our strategic vision, and introduce financial practices that will support the company’s long-term growth through a series B fundraise and beyond.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate the company’s fiscal functions and ongoing financial performance: accounting, forecasting, budget planning, compliance, financial controls, tax documentation, and more
- Drive venture capital fundraising efforts, including strategic planning, pitch development, preparing materials, managing due diligence, and investor follow-up
- Generate internal and external financial reports for internal managers, board of directors, and banks
- Participate in the development of company business plans, long-range strategic planning, and commercialization of products
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the company and external vendors
- Work closely with sales leadership on commission structures, sales pipeline analysis, revenue forecasting, revenue recognition best practices, contract management, and more
- Support executive team during future fundraising rounds and lead financial due diligence requests
- Lead and manage all audit requests
- Optimize R&D tax credits, including the development of processes, best practices, and tools
- Manage insurance relationships and risk management
- Work closely with the CEO on business development and strategic company initiatives
- Participate in quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Identify, onboard, and manage financial software solutions and third-party vendors that improve productivity and efficiency across the company
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management, or other related fields
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Proven track record of raising venture capital
- Deep accounting experience along with mastery of financial software solutions
- Strong quantitative and analytics background to support working with various departments
- Hands on experience with financial modeling exercises
- Experience raising a series B (or later) financing round from VC funds
- Experience at a startup and/or software company grown to above $10M revenue and over 100 employees
- Experience with venture debt and similar vehicles
- Experience working closely with Sales teams a plus
- Leading general operations functions
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
How To Apply
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit for this role using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.