Graphics Software EngineerApply Now
Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving games.
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex®’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way physicians hone and refine their skills in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles.
Our games are built on state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech, and use game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of being a physician. These games increase in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted through level design, compulsion loops, and refined gameplay balance. Backed with a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate a variety of medical challenges with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus we’ve custom-built real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems to enable a wide range of realistic new game mechanics. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading physicians, all passionate about using game design to empower doctors across the world to improve their skills and better treat their patients.
We’re currently looking for a talented, problem-solving Graphics Software Engineer to join our expanding team.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us
- Create elements of the human body in extreme detail in a real-time, rendered environment: including tissue, blood, and fluids
- Create new shaders, shader nodes, and materials for a wide range of surfaces and visual effects
- Work closely with the art team to prototype new techniques and establish texture/modeling pipelines for production shaders
- Implement performance optimizations on various mobile devices and VR
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years game industry development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience authoring shaders in HLSL, GLSL and/or Cg.
- Deep 3D math skills (linear algebra, matrix/vector math, trigonometry, etc.)
- Background in computer graphics, including the fundamentals of lighting models, ray tracing, rasterization, texture mapping, and shading
- Basic understanding of GPU architecture
- Experience with shader performance and debugging tools
Bonus Points For
- Experience with visual shader editors (UE4, Shader Forge, or ShaderMonkey)
- Unity or UE4 experience
- Mobile shader development/optimization experience
- 3D Graphics API experience (OpenGL or DirectX)
- Apple Metal experience
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this role using the “Apply” button at the top. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters Please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.