Physics ProgrammerApply Now
Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving games.
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex®’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles.
Our games are built using state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech, and deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery. These games increase dramatically in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted with professional level design, compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance. Backed with a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus we’ve custom-built real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems to enable a wide range of realistic new game mechanics. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading physicians, all passionate about using game design to empower doctors across the world to improve their skills and better treat their patients.
We’re looking for a smart, problem-solving Physics Programmer to join our expanding team.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us
- Developing and collaborating on cutting-edge, proprietary physics systems that interact with custom soft-body systems, real-time fluids, shaders, and other technologies for mobile, AR and VR projects
- Writing clear, maintainable, highly functional and portable code towards these systems
- Unleash your deep technical skills and math abilities on a series of challenging problems
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years game industry development programming experience, 1+ in physics specifically
- Deep familiarity with a range of spatial data structures
- Experienced in profiling and optimizing CPU utilization
- Knowledge of physics solver internals and related scientific computing techniques (integration methods, etc.)
- Fluency in two or more of the following: C/C++, C#, HLSL/GLSL/Cg
- Experienced in building multi-threaded, real-time systems
- Excellent 3D math skills in linear algebra, trigonometry and quaternion math
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
- Mobile and/or VR experience
- Experience with GPU compute (language, performance considerations, and algorithms) – including CUDA, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Metal-Compute
- Experience writing SIMD optimizations – including on ARM/NEON
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics (particle and/or grid-based)
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
Here’s a demo highlighting some of our current graphics tech. Interesting? For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this role using the “Apply” button at the top. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters Please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.