QA AnalystApply Now
Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart QA Analyst person to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Testing for quality programming, art, audio, and online components in games that are both live and in-development
- Writing, refining, updating and monitoring defects in JIRA database
- Filling out test plans, doing smoke testing, and monitoring the health of projects
- Communicating risks and defects to the game development teams
- Working closely with the game development teams to aid in testing strategies
- Assisting production, marketing, and business development with various build-related tasks as needed
- Reviewing features and game design documentation to create test plans and communicate red flags and edge cases to the product teams
- Collaborating within the QA department on initiatives to continue to improve processes at Level Ex
- Managing devices for office and product teams needs related to testing, conferences and internal demonstrations
Who We Want To Meet
- 2+ years work experience as a QA Analyst or Tester
- Shipped titles on mobile or console, having worked over the full development life cycle
- Solid experience using JIRA for defect tracking
- Strong practical knowledge of QA methodologies, software testing standards, and software development
- Ability to multitask between various projects in different stages of development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience testing in a mobile live environment
- Experience with submissions to Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Store
- Experience in XR
- Experience using the Unity engine and/or with scripting
- Internal game production experience
How We Make You Happy
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this role using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.