UI ArtistApply Now
Note: This is not an entry level position, please see the requirements below
Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving games.
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles.
Our games are built using state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech, and deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery. These games increase dramatically in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted with professional level design, compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance. Backed by a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus, we’ve custom-built GPU-based real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems that enable a wide range of new game mechanics in mobile and VR. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re now looking for a talented 2D Artist to join our development team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with our art director, production team, UX designer, and others to produce and implement UI assets in Unity
- Developing a variety of 2D art assets for AR, VR, and mobile projects
- Assisting with creation of product style guides
- Creating gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Building custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Updating and maintaining the UI of live apps
- Creating animation for various UI elements
Who We Want To Meet
- Solid, demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, along with working in-game using Unity
- 2+ years experience working in a game development environment
- Shipped at least one or more games
- Experience working in mobile game development
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience creating visual effects in Unity
- Experience scripting in Unity
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
- Experience working with Confluence pages
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
Please send us your resume, an online link to your portfolio, and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be perfect for the position using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.